Sunday, August 28, 2011

Date Night.

I had a date tonight with a girl named Allison. It went pretty well. She looks forward to getting together again, and likes me. We went to the park and sat on the swings and talked for a while. Then we went to Sonics and got some food, and then we went to Kroger because I needed to get some cat food. She grabbed my hand. Afterwards, we sat in my car and talked for a long time. She started playing with my hair.

I was enjoying myself, and I was pretty happy. The date lasted about four hours.

When we parted ways, I got in my car and I went dead. It felt like I was emotionally spent, and I literally felt nothing on the way home. It scares me that I can feel that way after a fun and flirty four hour date. But it also makes me happy that my body can protect itself so well, and I'll need it if things don't work out.

I think it will work out, though. For one thing, she lives five minutes up the road. So we don't have to plan a week ahead to see each like if she lived in Atlanta or something. That also means we can actually get to know each other in person and have fun, and I don't have to sit in my room talking to a computer screen all the time.

But it still interests me on how I felt after the whole thing.

When I started dating Emily, I had a darkness in me at the time and it took a little while to get over it. I'm thinking this is the same thing.



This is a good song to describe how I felt on the date, and then driving home.


No comments:

Post a Comment