Thursday, December 29, 2011

Someone at work took a few minutes to give me a serious talk about me as a person. I can't and I don't think I ever really knew where it came from. It just happened, but he talked about how I come off as people, and if I want that to change then I need to change first and he gave me some pointers on what I could do.

It was a very positive thing of him to do. He didn't put me down, but did point out the negative aspects about me. It was weird. I have no idea why this guy, who I've never cared for in the first place, cared so much. He'd say he doesn't care, but he must on some level. Because it wasn't a talk; it was something different and helpful. He had to care to talk to me about that and like that.

One idea he gave me was to record myself when talking to people. He said that he knows I probably think I come off as joking, but I don't. I come off as brash and uncaring. Something I never explained to him was I do it on purpose mostly to keep everyone at bay. But he said I can listen to myself and hear how I talk to people. I guess it's a good idea if I ever feel like trying to change.

But I don't think I'll ever get to the point of wanting to.

No comments:

Post a Comment